Sweden Talent Visa Program
What is it?
As part of the new law, from 1st June 2022, the Swedish government has introduced a new talent visa program for professionals who want to work in Sweden.
Who is it for?
If you have an offer of employment from a Swedish company and plan to live and work only in Sweden for the next 4 years. The time spent on your work permit is counted towards your Swedish permanent residency application.
A standard work permit is processed within 10 days if the application is submitted by a company that is certified with the Migration Agency.
EU Blue Card
What is it?
The EU Blue Card is Europe’s answer to the US Green Card.The EU Blue Card is a work- and residence permit for non-EU/EEA nationals. The European Blue Card was created to make it easier for for highly skilled workers to obtain the right to work in the EU. It provides comprehensive socio-economic rights and a path towards permanent residence and EU citizenship.
Who is it for?
If you plan on working in other EU countries within the next 4 years, the Blue Card application might be best. Many EU countries have Blue Card permits it can in some cases be easier to move if you have one. Some EU countries will also count the time you have held a Blue Card in Sweden when reviewing an application for permanent residence.
An EU blue card application is generally processed within 2-3 weeks, but the Migration Agency has up to 90 days to process it. This means that if the case officer is busy, it will take longer to process than a standard permit.
Workshop meeting contents
This workshop will include:
- Verifying qualifications and certifications review
- CV review, writing and formatting it for Swedish employers and application systems
- Cover letter review and writing. A cover letter is important when applying in Sweden, it gives context to your CV
- Job title matching, selecting job titles and variations that match your skill profile
- Salary and benefits calculation based on your experience and job title. It is important to know your estimated salary before you do attend an interview
- Company search and matching. Identifying corporates, startups, consulting firms, NGO’s and other organisations that match your profile
- Job search and matching. Searching internal database, contact networks and agency data bases to find the perfect match
- Employer contacts and introductions
- Employer referrals. Most jobs in Sweden are filled through referrals through a network of trusted contacts. We support your application with by providing referrals for you to employers after we have verified your CV and experience.
- Applying for jobs and forwarding your CV to contacts
- Scheduling interviews with company HR and agency recruiters
For questions on finding a job, interview practice or work permits email: email@example.com
View available jobs and check your visa eligibility at