Digital Publishing / Content Management
Minimum 1 year experience in content management. Familiarity with content management systems, wordpress, editing tools, web publishing, blogging preferred.
English required. Other EU / Asian languages an advantage.
We are looking for a Translator to interpret written and audio pieces in different languages, making sure to maintain their original meaning, format and tone. Translator responsibilities include reading and thoroughly understanding the context of given material, using specialized dictionaries and translation tools and proofreading finished pieces of work. To be successful in this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and be fluent in at least two languages in addition to your native language. Ultimately, you will provide ready-to-use translated content that meets our internal needs and helps us reach a broader audience.
- Read given material and research industry-specific terminology
- Convert text and audio recordings from one language to one or more others
- Ensure translated content conveys original meaning and tone
- Prepare subtitles for videos and online presentations
- Cross-reference specialized dictionaries and translation tools to check quality of translation
- Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy
- Follow up with internal team members and clients to ensure translation meets their needs
- Edit content with an eye toward maintaining its original format (e.g. font and structure)
- Network with field experts to stay current on new translation tools and practices